Let’s say there is something you want to achieve in this crazy life. Maybe it is to work from home, grow your family, to travel, or to be the best golfer since Tiger Woods. How are you going about succeeding at what you want?
Visualization is going to be so important for you. Seriously. Stop spending the entire day thinking about the past… dedicating all of your energy to the things that went wrong.
Spending time visualizing that you are already who you want to become is going to pay off the most. Visualize yourself traveling, working from home, growing your family or visualize that perfect golfing game. Over and over and over. What ever it is that you want to achieve. Visualize it into life.
Dedicate at least 10 minutes a day to visualization. If you don’t have 10 minutes to spend on this… I don’t believe that you want it bad enough.
This may mean you need to rediscover your WHY. Why you want whatever you are aiming for anyway. When your why is strong enough… you do what it takes.
Benefits of a Visualization Practice:
- You can do it from anywhere. Passenger in a car. Before you get out of bed in the morning. Sitting in your favorite recliner. A bench on your hike. The beach. Starbucks. Seriously… almost anywhere. I say almost, because I wouldn’t encourage visualization while driving. Driving needs all your attention.
- Research found that when you spend time visualizing, the mental practice is almost as effective as the physical movement.
- It increases your confidence. The more you spend visualizing, the more you believe you are able to achieve this goal. And the world starts working with you. You and the universe become a team. Team awesome.
- Thoughts lead to actions. Visualizing guides us in making decisions that support the life we are creating. It’s a wonderful tool that keeps us on track.
HOW TO VISUALIZE
- Decide on a specific goal. The more specific the better.
- Get in a comfortable position where your spine can be straight. This can be standing, laying or sitting. Making sure you feel comfortable with your eyes closed.
- Close your eyes and imagine that you have already achieved that goal. Imagine that you are living that reality RIGHT NOW. Really getting into the details, the more DETAILS you can imagine the better.
- Engage your senses. How many senses can you bring into your visualization? What smells are present? Can you hear any sounds? Looking around, what do you see, include the colors if possible. Who is with you? Where are you? What are you wearing? Notice what the people around you are wearing. Are you eating or drinking anything? How are you feeling? Tune into your emotions… really feel the joy and happiness of living your goal. Is there anything you can touch?
- Release the negative thoughts. When negative thoughts come to your mind while doing your visualization breathe them out while making them sound untrustworthy. Then replace them with something positive and make that voice sound trusting. Such as “I approve of myself” or “I am awesome” or “I can achieve anything.” Find a statement that speaks to you and use the bananas out of it.
- Practice daily. Do your best to make this a daily practice. However, start where you are. If you do not visualize at all and want to start with one day every once in a while… perfect. Just start. Maybe try to do it right when you wake up while laying in bed or before you fall asleep at night. See what works for you.
- Remembering to breathe gently and fully while practicing.
Visualization is really an amazing tool that you can start utilizing today! Why not start visualizing that your goal is your reality? Discovering what happens. Let the practice grow with you.
Perhaps you have a guided visualization that you think would benefit others, please comment below on the topic and I may provide a guided visualization around it.
Here is a dating visualization for those of you looking for your dream date.
In the mean time, here is a video I found about visualization. Enjoy!