These easy BBQ Black Beans will make your mouth happy.
And it takes about 20 minutes before you can load up your plate.
People are always asking me what I eat. Here is one meal that I just started to make that my husband loves so I am adding it to the rotation.
I am a HUGE fan of whole foods, however, there are times when I enjoy just throwing something together that someone else has already made. For instance, I seldom use beans from a can, however, I keep some on hand for when I have limited time or I am super hungry. Same goes for BBQ sauce. (Still looking for a great vegan homemade BBQ sauce recipe, so if you have one – leave it in the comments.)
What You’ll Need:
- A couple handfuls of spinach
- 1 to 2 cups of chopped cauliflower
- 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinse (rinse until no bubbles to prevent gas build up – unless you like toots and then by all means, rinsing is optional)
- BBQ Sauce of choice
- Sea Salt to taste
- Garlic Salt to taste
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Additional toppings of choice – sometimes I like to add a little nutritional yeast
Turn on your stove top to medium heat, get a saute pan, and throw in the coconut oil. Let that heat up. Next, put in the cauliflower and black beans. Once they are heated up a bit, throw in the spinach. You can wait until the spinach is wilted or a mix of some wilted and others not.
Add in the BBQ sauce, sea salt, garlic salt and any other seasoning you want. Stir. Heat it up for about a minute. Then it is time to plate it.
You can make a sandwich out of it if you’d like. Put it on a bed of greens. Or just eat as is with a side of watermelon or any other yummies you feel complete it. Enjoy!